Colleyville Restraining Orders Attorneys
A restraining order, also known as a protective order, is a court-issued order which requires one person to cease harming another person, and in most cases, cease contact with the person. Restraining orders are often necessary to protect individuals from a violent spouse or partner. They can be issued for a limited length of time or they can be permanent, depending on the case.
If you are in need of a restraining order against a violent individual in your life, our Colleyville restraining order attorneys of Alexander & Associates can help you take the necessary steps toward protecting yourself and your family. To speak with a compassionate attorney about your situation today, contact us at 817-756-4040.
What Can a Restraining Order Do?
By filing a restraining order, you are asking a civil court to step in to prevent harm from coming to yourself and any other individuals covered by the restraining order, such as your children. The court can order an individual to refrain from doing certain things under penalty of law. Depending on the details of your case, the judge can order the person to refrain from the following:
- Committing acts which are physically violent or meant to harass, harm, annoy, abuse, etc. anyone protected under the order
- Communicating either directly or indirectly with those protected under the order
- Visiting the workplace/school of anyone protected under the order
- Coming near the home of anyone covered under the protective order
- Taking any possessions or pets from those covered under the protective order
Getting a restraining order that includes these and other measures can be essential to both your safety and that of your loved ones.
If you and your loved ones are in need of protection against the harassment or abuse of a spouse, partner, or other individual, our Colleyville restraining order lawyers of Alexander & Associates can help. To speak with an attorney today about getting a necessary restraining order, contact our offices at 817-756-4040.