Colleyville Family Law Attorneys FAQs
Family law matters can be incredibly confusing, especially to those who have never dealt with these issues before. Whether you are considering a divorce, adding a child to your family through the process of adoption, or dealing with a child who is facing criminal charges, you stand to benefit tremendously from the experience and guidance of a dedicated family lawyer. However, we understand that there are some immediate questions you may want to have answered before you seek legal representation.
The dedicated Colleyville family lawyers of Alexander & Associates understand this fact and have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to combat the uncertainty associated with family law matters and are dedicated to keeping clients and potential clients informed during these difficult times. If you would like to discuss any of the topics listed below in more detail or have questions unique to your situation, contact our offices at 817-756-4040.
- Can I change my child’s last name after a divorce?
- Do I need an attorney to adopt a child?
- Does my spouse have to agree to a divorce for it to be granted?
- How can I get sole custody?
- How do parents make joint custody work for their family?
- How is child custody determined?
- What are the advantages of a mediated divorce?
- What are the advantages of collaborative divorce?
- What are the advantages of establishing paternity?
- What are the advantages of joint custody?
- What are the common causes for divorce?
- What are the disadvantages of joint custody?
- What are visitation rights?
- What does it take to adopt a step-child?
- What grounds are usually provided for a fault divorce?
- What grounds are usually provided for a no-fault divorce?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- What is community property?
- What is the difference between a collaborative and a simplified divorce?
- What is the difference between a legal separation and a divorce?
- What is the difference between an annulment and a divorce?
- What is the difference between legal sole custody and physical sole custody?
- What is the divorce rate in the United States?
- What’s the difference between a contested and uncontested divorce?