Contact Colleyville Divorce Lawyers at 817-756-4040
Colleyville Divorce Attorneys
Home  >  Articles  >  Court Enforcement Actions

Court Enforcement Actions

When a divorce is finalized, there are several terms which will have been determined by the court, and each spouse is required to abide by them. This can include issues of child support, which must be paid on time, alimony, which also must be paid on time, and property division, which must be carried out as stated. Unfortunately, there are times when one spouse refuses to comply or puts off payments, and action has to be taken. In order for a change to be made, the other spouse usually must file an enforcement action with the court that granted their divorce.

If your ex-spouse is failing to follow their court orders, you may need an experienced attorney to help you file an enforcement action. Our Colleyville divorce attorneys of Alexander & Associates are committed to helping people who are dealing with uncooperative spouses. To speak with an attorney about your legal options today, contact our offices at 817-756-4040.

Which Situations Call for Enforcement Actions?

Enforcement actions can be filed for a number of different reasons, including:

  • Failing to comply with insurance coverage orders
  • Failing to pay child support
  • Failing to follow child custody arrangements
  • Failing to take action on dividing assets
  • Failing to pay alimony

These are just a few of the things that a court and attorney can help you with if you are having trouble after your divorce.

Contact Us

If your spouse is not complying with the terms of your divorce, you do not have to allow such behavior. Contact a knowledgeable Colleyville divorce lawyer from the firm of Alexander & Associates today at 817-756-4040 for more information on how you can make sure your spouse complies with the terms set out in your divorce.