Colleyville Restraining Orders Attorneys
When someone needs legal help in order to protect themselves or their family from another individual, they can file for a restraining order against that person. When someone is served with a restraining order, they are required to cease harming, harassing, or communicating with those covered by the order. If they violate the terms of this order, they can be punished by the law.
If someone is harassing or harming you or a family member and you need to file for a restraining order, our Colleyville restraining order attorneys of Alexander & Associates can help you take the necessary steps. Contact our experienced and compassionate attorneys today at 817-756-4040 to speak with someone about how we can help.
What Can a Restraining Order Do?
A protective or restraining order is capable of placing a number of restrictions on an individual depending on the circumstances. The following are some of the possible things a court can prohibit an individual from doing:
- Committing violent acts against those covered by the protective order
- Committing acts which are meant to intimidate, harass, annoy, harm, or abuse those covered by the order
- Directly or indirectly communicating with a protected individual
- Being near or visiting the workplace or school of anyone protected by the order
- Removing any items or property from the possession of those covered by the order
If you need to stop a person from committing these and other harassing acts, you should seek the legal help of a qualified attorney.
If you or a loved one is in need of a restraining order to protect themselves, contact our Colleyville restraining order attorneys of Alexander & Associates today at 817-756-4040. We are committed to helping clients get the protection that they need.